Finance Assistant ( مساعد مالي )
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Direct Responsible: Financial Officer
Work location: Sana’a
Duration: 8 months – full time
Application deadline: Jun \ 30 \ 2021
Department: Finance / Accounting
Project Location(s): Sana'a
Education: Bachelor's degree
Duties and responsibilities
- Commitment to implementing the organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of the exchange movement with the supporting documents for the expenditures.
- Ensure disbursement in accordance with the budget numbers and codes approved in the organization and projects.
- Preparing payments to employees
- Monitor inventory for purchases and ensure purchase procedures
- Assist in checking and ensuring the correctness and completion of necessary documents and appropriations in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Archiving documents related to financial operations and expenditures in special files in a regular and sound manner.
- Assist in the secure management of expenditures for projects and prepare and maintain periodic verification and compliance documents.
- Propose improvements in accuracy and efficiency, reduce costs and improve work quality
- Assist the financial officer in preparing financial reports periodically
- Disbursing the cash covenant and following up its liquidation.
- Going to the field and disbursing cash allowances if necessary.
- Any other tasks assigned to it by the Financial Director
Experiences and Skills
- It is preferable to have accounting knowledge in non-profit organizations
- Previous experience in dealing with electronic accounting programs.
- Skills of dealing with computer programs, especially Word and Excel.
- Good planning and organizing skills and the ability to manage time.
- Good English language skills, both spoken and written.
- High communication skills.
- Good report drafting skills.
- Willingness to work under pressure