Emergency agricultural livelihoods support to the most vulnerable households in Yemen
Full title of the project:
Services for the Distribution of Emergency Agriculture Inputs (Livestock and Crops) to the Most Vulnerable Households in Al-Ashah, Al-Qaflah and Suwayr districts of Amran governorate.
Amran governorate, Al Ashah, Alqaflah and Swayer districts
From 11/0 2/2020 until 27/ 02/2022
Improved availability of and access to food for 6970 of the most vulnerable households in Yemen through livelihoods support.
Food and Agriculture Organization -FAO
Direct beneficiaries: 6970 beneficiaries Indirect beneficiaries: 47250
The project goes through several stages:
- Preparation stage:
- Workshops and meeting with local authorities to explain the project activities and get the first agreement and clearance.
- Mobilization and sensitize communities and establish community beneficiaries communities to identify beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries’ registration according to required criteria.
- Preparing storage with high quality to store the inputs.
- Distribution of ( animal feed, pastoralists mixed ), ( animal feed concentrate), ( mineral blocks ), ( Water tank), (water plastic can ), and ( farming hand tool kits, hoe, rake, and pickaxe).
- Facilitate training and awareness.
- Baseline Study.
Reduced acute food insecurity among vulnerable rural households in Districts at risk
of famine and in surrounding Districts
- Diversified diets and income of most vulnerable rural population through provision of several inputs.
- Enhanced food production capacities of vulnerable.